TOOLS TO CENTER WORKER VOICES AND ESCALATE YOUR CAMPAIGN
WORKERS’ MEMORIAL WEEK - MEDIA OUTREACH TOOLS
Whatever you choose to do to commemorate Workers Memorial Day, make sure to publicize it! Below are some templates for contacting the media.
- National COSH Media Advisory Template (send about a week before your event, then again day or two before event)
- National COSH Press Release Template (send day of event/action)
- National COSH Tips for Writing Letters to the Editor and Op-Eds (send several days in advance of event/action to try to have it run day of the event/action)
WORKERS' MEMORIAL WEEK – REPORTS
There is no one definitive place to find information about all the people who have been killed or injured on the job so if you want to invest the time to research the names and stories of local workers, people need and want to know! (See media outreach above) Below are some tips on writing a report as well as examples of reports from recent years.
- Telling Our Stories -- Tips to Writing a Workers' Memorial Week Report
- Information Sources on Fatalities for Workers' Memorial Day Reports
- Killed at Work: US Worker Memorial Database (compiled by National COSH)
- "Dirty Dozen" Reports from prior years
- National COSH 2020 Worker's Memorial Week "Dirty Dozen" video (En español)
WORKERS' MEMORIAL WEEK TEACH-IN
Every year National COSH hosts a webinar to support those who want to take action during Workers' Memorial Week. We share ways to engage with our events and offer opportunities for event organizers to share their expertise with each other. Below is a list of resources beginning with recordings of our recent WMW webinars as well as examples of reports and a guide for families of fallen workers.
- 2023 WMW strategy webinar recording and slides (grabación en español)
- 2022 WMW strategy webinar recording and slides (grabación en español)
- 2021 WMW strategy webinar recording and slides (grabación en español)
- Prayers for Workers' Memorial Day
- Family Resource Guide (share with families of workers who died on the job)
- Guía de Recursos para la Familia
- AFL-CIO Workers' Memorial Day Materials
Questions? Need support organizing an event?
Please contact Peter Dooley, firstname.lastname@example.org